Wednesday 19 March 2008

Computerised eating

I just found out about this restaurant in Israel that just introduced a network of touch screens on the dining tables, allowing customers to view the menu, order directly from there and interact with customers at other tables. It's pretty interesting stuff; I never heard of that before, I don't know if it was done elsewhere.

Later down the line they intend for the menu interface to be available online for customers coming in with their laptops as well. It's pretty cool though I have to say it could seem a bit cold as well - people might get more interested in the screen than talking with the people they're with... A bit like a table of people all thumbing away on their Blackberries - mostly messaging each other - which I find strange... Maybe I'm a bit old-fashioned when it comes to dining.
Check it out here - for some silly reason they disabled the embedding.

No comments: