Wednesday 11 June 2008

The Visitor

I was lucky to be invited by a friend for a press screening of a movie yesterday, so I might as well write about it given it's the point.

And moreover because I thought this was an absolutely beautiful movie, definitely one of the best - if not the best - I've seen in a long time. The Visitor will be released in the UK on the 4th July and I really recommend everyone to go see it.

The movie is the story of a lonely man whose life is changed by the unexpected encounter with a Syrian musician in New-York and by the rediscovery of music and rythm in his life. There are a lot more to it than this and it's a really short sum up, though you can read more about the movie elsewhere (Future Movies review), and view the trailor here. I thought the shots and photography were beautiful and the acting is great. It deals with a lot of pretty tough topics in a very real way and at the same time is humourous, emotional, and overall very humane.

No comments: