Thursday 19 November 2009

My Dungeons & Dragons CV

I saw a post from Gavin today about Sean McNally who designed a Dungeons & Dragons CV which definitely looks pretty cool. Given I did the same with a different design of AD&D character sheet years ago, back when I used to be a designer, I thought it might be a cool idea to bring it back and share it along with the similar themed business cards.

I have all the files so if someone fancies making this into an editable PDF or something like that, just tell me and I can send it over. It's all in French but what's written isn't that fascinating anyway. And I think I look stupid on that picture but hey - and yes, in France it's normal to have a photo on your CV, or at least it used to be.



Back in the day, geek wasn't so fashionably mainstream and everyone said my CV was insane and I would never get a job with something like that. I got concerned, didn't hear anything back from the places I'd sent it at and changed it - sadly.

Also I was on Caramail back in the day, that was one of the first email addresses I'd opened and was completely addicted to their chat rooms. It was the most popular webmail / community sites in France. Obviously there is no Wikipedia entry in English, but there is one in French. My fellow compatriots will probably remember.

And the business card:





The quote reads:
"The imagination paints,
The mind compares,
The taste chooses,
The talent executes."
I just uploaded the images to Flickr as well. Hope you enjoy.

No comments: